Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

Cuddling with my sweet son

I am thankful for so many things. This is a great time to stop and think about the little things that we take for granted. More than 1 out of every 5 people in the world don't have access to clean water (some sources say 1/3). I have running water inside and outside the house and multiple grocery stores that sell clean water. Around 1 out of every 3 people don't have enough food to meet their basic nutritional needs. I have a kitchen full of food, an extra freezer in the garage, multiple grocery stores and more restaurants than I could count all locally. 1/4 of the world population doesn't have sewers or adequate housing. I have a house with plumbing, air conditioning/heating, electricity, and so many things that many others will go their entire lives without.


I love that smile!

This is also the time of year to focus on family. I have the privilege of having two amazing kids. I love them, but the really cool part is that I really like them. They aren't just relatives, they turning into really cool little people. They make me smile and laugh every day. They also exhaust me and ensure I won't ever find my sanity again, but hey, that can be fun also.

He's silly and has the best laugh ever.

I love that they will sit still and listen to books. I love that they enjoy doing art. I love running around chasing them and seeing them gain confidence. I love when they give hugs and the best part is when they say, "I love you." I like watching them play together and eventually I'm sure they will be able to do so without getting injured. I'm constantly amazed with the things they learn and connections they are making in every aspect of their lives.

She keeps us smiling and on our toes with her antics.

The person I am most thankful for would have to be my husband. He is loving, smart, and has also lost his sanity. He is an amazing father who is involved in every part of our kids lives. He works hard to provide everything we need and more. He makes us all smile and is one of the best people I know. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

 An intense game of ping pong

No comments:

Post a Comment