Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Halifax, NS beach

During our trip to Halifax, we went with friends and family to the beach. My kids have been to the beach before. My kids have been in the ocean before - in Mexico. We tried explaining that this was the same ocean, but it would be a little cooler since it's much farther from the equator.

Walking down the path to the beach. Three toddlers and four doting parents, with the fathers both taking photos. I should note that these two fathers have been best friends for years. Even living almost a full continent apart hasn't changed their friendship. This was the first time getting their kids together to play, so they were both excited.

This is a photo of both kids screaming and crying because the water is too cold. They were so happy to go in, then the water hit their feet. For the record, I also only got my feet in because it was so cold. In fact, I wanted to go back to the car for my jacket, but they wouldn't let me.

This was their first time building sand castles. This was the warmest activity at the beach.

The kids play together mostly oblivious to the cameras, but clearly the adults all notice.

 
Getting buried in the sand is a requirement at the beach, right? At least it slowed them down for a few minutes. haha

She is so proud of her sand castle.

The only thing better than being buried in the sand? Finding your cousin buried in the sand. My kids kept walking around him like sharks getting ready to go in for the kill... Overall it was a great day at the beach, but would have been better if the water was warmer. The next time we went to a warm beach we really had to convince the kids to try it again because they were afraid it would be cold like in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment