Friday, August 22, 2014

Conversations with Kids


I suggested Sweet Son might want another hair cut to keep him cooler. His response, "No, Mommy. I don't want my hair to be orthogonal."

Can't argue with that. No hair cut for Sweet Son. How long could this last? (A year later and it's still growing though his reasoning has changed multiple times.)



 Sweet Daughter's upset because her teacher called her a "smarty pants." (I'm guessing it's the teacher's way of saying smart aleck, but without getting in trouble based on the rest of the story.) When I asked Sweet Daughter why it was a problem - after all she likes pants and being smart - she replied, "because I'm not wearing pants. I'm smarty shorts!"

I don't know where she gets it from...




I read my kids The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere by Longfellow a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing that's why they are now playing soldiers and farmers... "The red shirts are coming!" "You ride on a horse and I'll hide behind a fence."

Yeah, some details are off, but they did get the general idea - besides they do have red shirts to wear, but we don't have any coats out in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment