Thursday, May 14, 2015

Animal Reports

While the kids both attend a Montessori school that we LOVE. I'm also doing some school work with them at home. This assignment was to write a report about an animal. The curriculum explained the format. i.e. first page is a cover page with the title, second page says where the animal lives, etc. They did such a great job that I thought I saved them... Only I write this blog a year in the past and I can't find the pictures. I did find an email I wrote bragging about them so I know what they said and what the kids drew. You just have to use your imagination, haha. I copied what they wrote and put in parenthesis what they drew.

Sweet Daughter's "The Camel Report"
The Camel (drawing of a large pink camel)
The camel is found in the desert. (colored in various places on a world map that camels live - 7 different areas over 5 continents)
The camel eats grass and drinks water every 17 days. (drawing of grass and very small lake)
The camel's habitat is a desert. (she colored 90% of the page brown sand and just the top part blue sky, nothing else)
Interesting facts about the camel are that it carries water, it has a long neck, and people ride camels. (no drawings)

Sweet Son's "The Great Blue Heron Report"
The Great Blue Heron (drawing of a tall yellow bird)
The great blue heron is found in rivers. (colored in all of North America)
The great blue heron eats fish and drinks water. (drawing of fish in water)
The great blue heron's habitat is a river. (he colored a river with grass around it)
Interesting facts about the great blue heron are that they are vertebrates, they fish with their beaks, and their wingspan is 6 feet like Mr. Bobby. (no drawing)

No comments:

Post a Comment