Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Kennedy Center

When I lived in DC I worked at the Kennedy Center for the Arts. I knew we would visit once while we were there so I checked out their free performance schedule. I decided the best option was to go see Irish Dancing (I was secretly hoping Sweet Daughter would be interested and want to try it, but she wasn't.)

So after a long day of walking, we walked to the Kennedy Center. Yes, there is a free shuttle and yes, I knew about it. We are a family that likes to walk. I think we did 12 miles every day of our DC trip with no complaints from the kids (or adults).

Watergate Hotel 

So we stumbled upon this. It is an Earth Harp. It is huge and sounds beautiful.

The only issue was we had our dates mixed up and the Irish Dancing was the next night. We caught a performance of the National Symphony Orchestra (no photos). Then came back to the Kennedy Center the next day.  

Sweet Daughter and I joined in learning how to do an Irish Dance before the official performance.
The boys sat on the side and watched.

We are on the far side in different groups, but this was the result of our short lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment