Monday, July 24, 2017

Swimming with Stingrays

We wanted to swim with dolphins, but that was booked so we chose stingrays instead.

On the boat out 

Touching one 

Kissing one 

It's on my back. I'm not so sure about this 

No fair! He has a shirt on 

The ride back. Happy boys 

This photo shows her personality - always independent

Overall this wasn't the best excursion for us. Two of us get motion sick - not an issue on a large boat, but a huge issue on a small boat to and from the excursion. Then when we got to the sandbar, I could only reach the bottom if I was standing on tip toe while holding a kid who was afraid of the stingrays. The stingrays don't move around people, so when a 6 foot wide stingray would come by it would knock me over. This didn't help the anxious child. So we switched which child we were holding. I held the happy one who wanted to be close up for the meeting with a stingray. Then the anxious child and I went back to the boat until it was time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment