Monday, July 9, 2012

The Little Gym

Another option during the hot Summer is going to The Little Gym. We love ours. I actually drive past My Gym, Gymboree, and a couple of other kids gyms just to go to this one. Some gyms and other mommy and me classes require one adult per child. That's just not what happened for us. There are two of them and only one of me.


They start the class by playing with bells and doing a warm up which always includes music.Then comes the time to explore. They basically just let the kids go free with the equipment.


My kids have a thing for balance beams - especially once they figured out they could climb on and off by themselves and didn't need to hold a hand.


They also like hanging and swinging from the bars and even tumbling and flipping on the mats. Once again, I have very limited photos because my kids aren't the only ones in the class.


I have one fearless child who will do anything. This is not a photo of her. She had done this tons of times, but refused once she saw the camera. This was the first time he jumped to catch the bar that was just out of reach. He made it and was able to swing back and forth. 


After the excitement of jumping to catch the bar, it was back to the balance beam. Each class they learn an independent skill and a challenge skill. They get to play with balls and bubbles before closing circle. There is always music playing and even after not attending for 9 months they still remembered how much fun it was. This is quickly becoming a Summer tradition for us to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment