Monday, July 16, 2012

A Tale of Two Beds - Part 2

In case you missed it here is A Tale of Two Beds - Part 1. For awhile the kids did great in their beds. It took almost a full two months before they started to get... creative.


As you can see, with a little team work they can lift up the mattress. Here they are standing balanced on the slats. Sometimes they weren't so lucky. If a foot/leg goes between the slats they get stuck. Using typical toddler logic, they let go of the mattress to use their hands to pull the leg out. Then the mattress falls on top of their heads. Once again you would think that would help them learn the lesson to leave the mattress alone, but no. They did find something even more creative to do next though.

There are two children and one adult (part of an adult anyway) in this photo. You can see my son sitting on the floor pointing to my daughter. We told her to "get in bed." She took us literally. She is on top of the mattress and under the fitted sheet. All 4 corners are still hooked and she is wiggling around under there. I have no idea how or why, but when asked, she pointed out she was "in bed" not "on bed." We have never told her to get in bed since. Now we only tell the kids to go lay on their beds.

Once again I can assure you this is not the end of this series. They continue to do new and unique things to/with their beds. A Tale of Two Beds - Part 3

4 comments:

  1. Wow. With kids like this, one would think that they were genetically predisposed to over-parse English in order to be the best smart asses possible. I think I'd better make sure that I never spawn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the situation, but at one point my husband said to sweet daughter, "Oh Boy!" Which she replied, "No, I'm a girl. It's 'Oh, Girl!' Daddy." She was just shaking her head that he didn't realize this.

      Yes, I laughed out loud. Now he always says, "Oh Boy and Girl!" Which sounds ridiculous, but doesn't get complaints.

      Delete