Monday, August 6, 2012

Reading

Remember when I said we read a lot around here? I love when I can see the results in the way my kids play. Here are some great examples.


Sweet daughter first got the red blocks and built up these steps. Then she spent a great deal of time getting the two babies to sit on it, but not next to each other. She sat down in front of them and announce she was going to read them a book. I can only hope that when she got out the blocks, she was planning the entire thing.


Sweet son got out the dinosaurs and lined them up, all facing him. He then picks up a dinosaur book which I have only read to him once. He turns the book to face the dinosaurs so he's looking down at it. Then he says,

"This book is about you dinosaurs.
I'm going to read it to you.
Big A, Little A, (turns page)
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (turns page)
This little piggy stayed home (turns page)
Twinkle twinkle little star (turns page)
Told you it was about dinosaurs!
I'm a big duck now. (turns page)
Brown bear what do you see? (turns page)
Elephants don't hop (turns page)
The End
See, this book's about you!"


This is sweet daughter "reading" one of her favorite books - Owl Babies. This is a story about 3 owls who wake up to find their mommy gone. The bigger two think she's out hunting for food and will come back. The smallest owl, Bill, just keeps repeating, "I want my mommy!" I love the way she ways it with so much emotion.


Here is sweet son "reading" 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. In case you don't know the story, there are 5 monkeys jumping on the bed and one at a time they each fall off and bump their head. Mama calls the doctor and the doctor says, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed."

1 comment: