Monday, September 9, 2013

Lap Harps

I've done so many posts on music that you should already know how wonderful it is for everyone (not just kids). This time I decided to pull out something a little different. They play on the piano regularly and we sing almost constantly. However, I had not let them use the lap harps yet. (I admit it. I had put them away and forgotten we even had them.)

They loved seeing the vibrations and experimenting with the different sounds. I taught them how if they placed a hand on the strings the movement and sound would stop. 

Once they knew how to use a pick and make the music stop when needed, I put in the "music." All they have to do is pluck the line that is marked and it plays songs they recognize. Suddenly this was the best toy ever! A year later and they still play with these so often I haven't rotated them back out of the playroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment