Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Easy Teacher Gift

I'm always looking for cute and cheap Christmas gifts for my kids' teachers. I give the teachers something small every month so I don't feel the need to do something huge for Christmas. I would rather spend a little extra in the months teachers are feeling the least appreciated than during December and May when everyone is telling them they are wonderful. (They really are wonderful, but it's best to know that more than twice a year.)


I saw this idea somewhere and loved it. I bought whisks and filled them with kisses. I attached a card that said, "We Whisk You a Merry Kissmas". The teachers all complimented them and a few even commented that they needed a new whisk. So it was even somewhat practical.

2 comments:

  1. I think teachers must really like your gift ideas and here is why. My mom, May Bertsche Willard, was a second grade school teacher her entire career. Every Christmas, she received cute gifts from her students, like their mother's hand-knit hats or home-baked goodies. One year, she received a slender steel spatula, which worked the best for serving cake, brownies, cookies. That was in the mid 1960's, and it is still our favorite spatula today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember from my time being a teacher that there were certainly some things I like better than others. Often it was the little things - bringing breakfast before school, a gift card to buy supplies for the class, etc that I loved the most. My last year teaching the parents got together and gave me a gift card for Babies R Us (I was pregnant at the time). I was able to use it to buy a chair that is still one of my favorites. I have to fight my kids to be able to sit in it. The practical things are better than the mugs that say "teacher" any day! :)

      Delete