Thursday, February 12, 2015

Death and Dunderment

My kids are obsessed with death. They related everything to death. MLK - he's dead. Abraham Lincoln - he's dead. George Washington - he's dead. These are all people we have read about recently so I do see the connection, but they want to know when everyone died and how they died. My grandfathers, Wonderful Husband's mom, etc. Today Sweet Son came across a photo of the Queen of England. He had three questions - 1. Why is she wearing an ugly dress? 2. Is she dead? 3. When will she die? Sigh


Picking up the kids from school Sweet Son noticed there are florescent hall lights in the ceiling and decorative lights on the walls. He wanted to know why they would need both. He thinks having both is "dunderment." I correct him. It's redundant. We walked down the hallway discussing redundancies. The director listened for a minute and said we are the only ones who have these conversations. Is that supposed to discourage me? It really just makes me want to talk to everyone else so they can also learn about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment