Thursday, October 22, 2015

Things Kids Say (October)

There have been so many things recently that the kids have said that are funny or profound in some way. I'm going to try to remember a few.



Son: "Ruby Bridges went to a gray school."
Me: "Huh?"
Son: "It was mixing black and white at the school."



Whiny 5 year old, the world is ending voice Sweet Son: "Mommy I need your help. Mommy, help me. Help me Mommy."
Big sigh, Me: "Yes? What do you need help with?"
Sweet Son: "I need more present tense words."
Me: "Huh? What did you say?"
Sweet Son: "I'm writing words and I want more present tense words."
Me: "Of course you do."



Sweet Daughter: "So since you mostly vote for people, we aren't a real democracy are we?"
Yes, this led to a long discussion. Because what else would you discuss in the car?




Sweet Son: "N (boy at school) hit the tree and I told him to stop because trees give us oxygen. Then N said trees can hurt us, but I told him we need trees to breathe. It's not food, water, and shelter, but it helps provide us with all of those things if you really think about it."




Son: I don't know how to do this. Can you help?
Daughter: My brain knows how to do it, but I don't.
Son: Aren't you using your brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment