Thursday, June 23, 2016

Military Miles

After running the Mother's Day 5K with me, Sweet Daughter wanted to know when she could run for a medal again. We decided to sign up to run the Military Miles race benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project.

Ready to start (ignoring the storm clouds)

Excited to start the race!

She spent the last mile of this race complaining, whining, and just not wanting to do it. Then she saw photographers and the finish line and took off. Her hat flew off and she didn't even notice so I started carrying it.

We did it together!

Our cheering squad

It's been a long morning when you need a nap before 10am. She wasn't about to let go of her medal though.

This is one of the best things about me running. Not only do they see it is important for everyone to exercise, they start to want to do it also. I am so proud of my 5 year old who completed 2 5Ks in 2 months. That's more than many adults will ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment