Tuesday, October 25, 2016

DNA extraction

The big science museum in the large city near us, has an area for doing science experiments. My kids selected DNA extraction. The supplies are all provided, there is a video of the step by step instructions which you have to click after every step to make it continue, and an instructor walking around. There are 4 different stations each with a different experiment.

Sometimes they look so grown up.

They were so focused they didn't even notice I was taking pictures.

This was near the final step. It worked perfectly, but didn't come out well in pictures.

They did their first DNA extraction at 6 years old. Times have changed more than I care to admit, but I am thrilled for them. I wish I had these experiences when I was young!

No comments:

Post a Comment