Monday, January 23, 2017

Boxes in the Backyard

We started shopping at Aldi, which means every week we come home with a cardboard box (Aldi doesn't have bags, but you can take the boxes if you can find an empty one). I was saving these because I knew at some point they would be used. One day the kids wanted to play outside so I invented a "game." It's called "Boxes in the Backyard!" I threw the boxes into the middle of the yard and told the kids to have fun.

Building a fort

Here the boxes were each houses in a neighborhood they were building

Here the boxes were boats, the grass water, and the sidewalk was the dock

Why do we buy them toys? This is an awesome game and they never did get tired of it. If only I had more room to store boxes. As it is, I now have to hide when I recycle them because I'm out of room.

No comments:

Post a Comment