Friday, January 20, 2017

Resolution Run

Crazy friends convinced me to sign up for a marathon so running a half every weekend then needing a few more miles is starting to become normal. I signed up for this half marathon at the last minute and it was COLD. Yet somehow without trying I ended up with a new personal record.

After the race

My personal cheering squad

Crazy running friends greeting me at the end. 
The one on the left is going to run my first marathon with me. The one hugging me was yelling so enthusiastically I could hear her from a long way off as I ran into the finish. The one on the right I met that morning when we got there early to volunteer with set up. Running may not come naturally or easily to me, but the people I have met are some of the best and really keep me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment