Tuesday, February 28, 2017

After the marathon

I did it! I finished. Here is what we did after the marathon was over.

I got my medal and my finisher jacket. I love that jacket.

Then we found some problems. We had to take a bus back to the start area - I did manage to make it on the bus with minimal complaining. Then after sitting for 15 minutes I was expected to stand up and walk. These people were insane. I finally made it off the bus. We had to walk back to the hotel because I NEEDED a shower. Only there was this giant evil thing in my way, I wasn't sure if I was ever going to make it, it's called a curb but my legs did not want to move that high. I did make it back to the room eventually. After a shower I was hungry which required more walking.

On the way to dinner. I had a drink with dinner and didn't feel a thing. I really wanted something to take the pain in my feet and legs away.

So I got another drink. I didn't feel this one either, apparently running is good for my alcohol tolerance which wasn't the idea!

The next day the kids were full of energy and I hurt everywhere. We went to this indoor play area so they could play and I could sit perfectly still. It was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment