Monday, April 30, 2012

Sea World

A quick weekend trip to Sea World was a huge hit with our kids. We got to do rides, see shows, and play. We also enjoyed the water park included, but none of those photos will be posted here, as no one needs to see me in a bathing suit!
 While my kids have never seen Sesame Street, we have a few books with the characters so they were thrilled with the live show as well as the themed rides perfect for their age. You will notice the two outside seats are bigger for the adults while the middle seats are tiny. Excellent planning on their part.
 This ride goes up and down and spins around, all great things for helping children develop their vestibular system. The kids and I loved it. Granted, my husband refused to ride since things like this make him sick. That left me holding both kids on the bench without a seat belt as we were spinning. The metal bar that comes down really doesn't do much for my tiny children. It was fun and the kids started crying when it stopped and we had to get off.
 They were very excited to see the large aquariums and loved all of the fish. They did feel the need to point and identify each one individually, "fish, fish, fish, fish, fish, fish." It was cute for a little while, but started to get old fast.
 This is what happened when we saw the shark tank. Suddenly they both wanted to sit on my lap. My daughter wrapped my arm around her while my son reverted to thumb sucking. Guess we won't be getting a pet shark.
 On the way home we stopped at Subway for some food and a picnic. This blanket is great. It is made for picnics. It is waterproof and folds closed with so it is easy to carry with the carrying strap. It was a great trip and we are already planning when we can go back again.

1 comment: