Monday, September 17, 2012

Football Season!!!

I love football season. While I enjoy watching football, I really love getting together with my friends before and during the game. We did take the kids to a couple of games, but most were either during nap time or after bed time so I went alone. My husband did drive them to the boulevard (tailgate for most people) before the games to see the excitement.


The shirts they are wearing were given to them when they were babies. It took 2 years, but they finally grew into them. My other favorite thing in this photo is how clearly you can see my daughter's skinned knees. She runs, climbs, and jumps everywhere and has had skinned knees since she started walking. It certainly doesn't slow her down any.

 

 You already knew I was a nerd, here's where I prove I'm a band nerd. I played in college and now I play with an alumni group before and during the games. My kids love anything musical and they aren't allowed to play with my trumpet regularly. For this occasion, I let them push the valves.


Different game, same shirts - yes, I'm really proud of those shirts. I also love the skirt sweet daughter picked out. The combination of the girly skirt and the sporty shirt is such a great summary of her personality.


Who wants to play a trumpet, when you can play a drum? They still talk about playing the big drum and how it went "boom, boom, boom" almost as loud as thunder.

The nerd in me smiled that they like making music and described it using an analogy. I'm a very proud Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment