Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy Birthday!

It's hard to believe, but we all survived the first two years of having twins. Here are some photos of how we celebrated. First, we filled their playroom with balloons.


Ok, so the plan was to fill the entire floor with balloons. However, we were blowing these up by mouth after the kids had gone to bed and we decided that this was close enough. Really, how many balloons could two kids really play with at once anyway.


They were so happy and played with the balloons for days. Eventually we needed to get rid of the balloons, so amazing husband came up with an entertaining idea.


We could have used another 30-40 balloons before they would have gotten tired of that.


Every year... ok, for the second year in a row, I had the kids do a finger painting on their birthday. The first year was just a few dots as they only got the tips of their fingers in the paint. Clearly , they were more into it this year. They even got to pick their own colors of paper and paint. While I rotate the other art hanging in the playroom, these stay up all the time.


Once again, we didn't throw the kids a party. We figure they won't remember anyway and they had just started a new school and didn't really have any friends. However, they did have a birthday celebration at school. This brought up a couple of problems for me. My kids don't like cake, cookies, or chocolate. I have no idea why, but we've tried and they just don't like them. We needed to bring a treat, but dessert was out. My kids love fruit though so I wanted to bring fruit for their class parties. My awesome husband wanted to do more. He carved two sharks from watermelon and filled them with strawberries and watermelon. These were a huge hit in their classes. The other kids loved the sharks, the fruit, and the teachers loved that we weren't filling the kids up with sugar. It was a lot of work to carve them the night before the parties, once again after the kids were in bed, so I'm not sure he will be doing this again.


The other thing we do every year is professional photos. We even found a photographer who can get sweet son to smile. This is a huge accomplishment. This year we went with an urban location. I really dislike studio posed photographs and these give a better sense of our personalities.


We were walking from one location to another and I had no idea this photo was being taken. It ended up being one of my favorites. Who says you need to see faces in a family photo? (Yes, I'm struggling to walk in heels.)


I had to include this one also. How could you not love such a sweet kiss? They are even holding hands. Happy Birthday to my sweet children! You are an amazing amount of work and the highlight of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment