Monday, September 10, 2012

Hoffbrau Steaks

We were lucky enough to go out for a date night this weekend. Theoretically we try to do that once a month, realistically it's about 8 times a year. I understand the importance of keeping a connection to my wonderful husband, so I appreciate every chance for a date night we can get.

 

We went to the North Dallas location of Hoffbrau Steaks. This will surprise many people who know me since I don't eat steak. However, after looking at their menu online, I knew I would be able to find plenty to eat. My husband loves steak and since we rarely have it, I knew he would love it also.

I was expecting more of a typical steak house, but it was more of a small casual restaurant. Perfect for taking the family to or just meeting up with friends. The prices were also much cheaper than a typical steak house, which I loved!

We decided to start with an appetizer. After looking at many different choices, I selected the Texas Pecos - jalapenos sliced, breaded, fried, and covered in cheese. Sounded wonderful to me. My husband isn't a big fan of jalapenos, but agreed to at least try them.





 I have no words to explain how wonderful these were. Even my husband ate half of the plate, which for a guy who doesn't like the main ingredient is impressive. If you ever go to Hoffbrau, you really need to try these.

Remember how much I thought my husband would love a steak? Well, he was in the mood for a burger instead. He selected the half pound cheese burger and finished the entire thing. It looked great and was a lot of burger!


I selected a house salad and mashed potatoes. Yes, I'm strange, but it was perfect for me. Sorry, no photo of the mashed potatoes, but they were also good.


The service was friendly, if a little slow. One of the things I liked seeing was the manager helping out with every job. He was seating people, sweeping the floor, clearing plates, delivering food, etc. It really bugs me when a restaurant is busy and the manager is standing ordering people around rather than helping, so that was a big plus. The food was good, the prices were great, so I would recommend everyone in Texas who lives near one to try out Hoffbrau Steaks. (You can even let me know how the steak tastes -  haha.)

I was provided with a free meal, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment