Friday, October 19, 2012

Reading

You know that day you discover your two year old can read? Wait.. WTF? Where did he learn that?


Apparently an older child in his class (3.5 years old) is learning to read and he likes to stand behind her and listen to her lessons. From what he has demonstrated at home he knows M,S,T,R, short A, and long E. So far today he has read these words: sat, see, rat, at, me, eat (with a silent a, impressive). He can read them when I write them on paper. He can read them if I point to them in books. He can read them if we take sandpaper letters and put them together. I'm guessing it's not just a fluke (which was my first theory after all). Awesome!

Sweet daughter calls every letter "ABCDE Next time you WILL sing with me" while giving you a look to let you know she's disappointed you weren't already singing with her. I love my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment