Monday, November 12, 2012

Work and Duck-tifs


 Wonderful husband was working from home one Tuesday and I was trying to explain it to the kids. After going over this many times we have the following conversation:

Sweet Daughter: "Mama go to work?"
Me: "Mama's job is to make sure you grow up to be happy and productive people."
Daughter: "Mama all done work?"
Me: "Not quite yet" (laughing)
Daughter: "I happy. Brother, you happy?"
Sweet Son: "I'm happy."
Daughter: "Mama all done work."
Me: "I'm glad you are happy, but you must also be productive."
Daughter: "Po-duck-tif?"
Me: "You need to go to school and to be able to support yourselves."
Daughter: "I work at school. No more duck-tifs." (She walked away)

Using scissors is work



 This is one of my favorite Fall art projects. As you can see on my son, I paint their arm brown and their hand with dots of yellow, red, orange, and just a bit of green. Then they lay their arm on the paper and wave their hand back and forth to make a tree. Not completely child done and certainly not open ended, but it's always fun to have paint up to your elbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment