Monday, November 19, 2012

A Tale of Two Beds - Part 3

In case you missed it - A Tale of Two Beds, Part 1 and A Tale of Two Beds, Part 2

If you remember, the kids were already down to a room with just two beds. No dresser, shelves, or anything else they could hurt themselves on or break. First, the back story: I was at a football game and wonderful husband was at home with the kids. They were supposed to be taking a nap. Apparently there was a lot of loud banging, so my intelligent husband grabbed the camera to see what was going on. This is the photo he took as he opened the door.


Let me explain what you are seeing here. They have removed their mattresses (and pillows, blankets, etc). Sweet son has his shirt over his head, but is still wearing the sleeves. They each have a wooden board in their hands... Those boards are from sweet son's bed. They were attached on both sides and in order to get them off, my kids broke the wood. This is real solid wood, so not exactly something they are supposed to be able to break.

Sweet son was trying to take off more boards while sweet daughter is swinging boards around and banging them on the walls and windows (and very nearly her brother's head). In our constant struggle to keep our kids alive, clearly beds were a weapon.

This is the day we took the beds out of their room. They are down to just mattresses with bedding. We jokingly called it a prison room before, now it looks even worse. I love this photo. It clearly shows why we took the beds away. I'm always afraid someone will see their room and report us to Child Protective Services for not providing them real beds. This is my proof that we did give them beds and it was in their best interest to take them away. Everyone always looks at my kids and comments on how cute they are and how sweet they are; it's moments like the one captured in this photo that I think about.

A Tale of Two Beds - Part 4

6 comments:

  1. I thought my daughter was the only one with a prison cell room. She still has her bed and a couple books but that's it. the other day at Target she sighed heavily and told me "At least I still get my blankey in my room." The looks I got...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want her to really be thankful for having a bed and books, just tell her about my kids room! haha When we were traveling my kids did ask if they would be able to sleep on the bed. It was sad and funny at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are some strong and creative kids. I guess I should be grateful that my kids just turn their room into a stuffed animal ball pit, not a stick-fight cage match.

    alioffthemark.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A stuffed animal ball pit sounds like fun. :)

      Delete
    2. Jess, we remember sitting with you at dinner after the SMU Homecoming game, when Kris sent you the picture above with the caption, "I guess this means nap time is over."

      Delete
    3. I vividly remember that as well. :)

      Delete