Monday, March 18, 2013

Conversations with Kids

Playing on their laptops. (They don't work, but that doesn't seem to matter.)

 In the car, the kids are chatting back and forth until the unthinkable happens...

Son: Tuba Sister
Daughter: Mama, Brother said Tuba to me.
Me: Um... ok. There's nothing wrong with that.
Son: Tuba Sister
Daughter: No Brother, no Tuba (crying and getting hysterical)
Me: Daughter say Tuba back to him.
Daughter: Tuba Brother
Son: Dada, Sister said Tuba!
Husband: What's wrong with that?
Son: No, Tuba Sister
Daughter crying and hysterical again
Me: Daughter just look at Son and say flute
Daughter: Flute Sister
Son: Flute? Tuba Sister
Daughter getting upset again
Me: Daughter try telling Son clarinet.
Daughter: Clarinet Brother
Son: Mama, Sister said Clarinet Brother.

This story keeps going and going, but you get the point. I have no idea how tuba became such a bad word, but they both act like it's just awful.

Do you think they miss him when he's at work?

The other day I hear Sweet Daughter and Wonderful Husband talking.
Daughter: Dada, I'm sad.
Husband: Why are you sad?
Daughter: I'm sad because I'm crying.
Husband: Why are you crying?
Daughter: I'm crying because I'm sad.
Husband: That's called circular reasoning. Can you say circular reasoning, Daughter?
Daughter: Cirlar reasonin?
Husband: Yes, circular reasoning.
Then she walked off because she was clearly no longer sad.

Walking to the "market" (Bountiful Baskets Co-op) with Grandma.

2 comments:

  1. The tuba conversation is too funny! I admire your husband's approach to the sad conversation and I love how well it worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't beat them, confuse them. haha :)

      Delete