Monday, March 4, 2013

Kids Cooking

As we are leaving the library, Sweet Daughter announces she's going to make me lunch. Being the understanding parent that I am (haha), I let her. The kids made salad and pizza with very little help. I had to cut the veggies and put the pizza in/out of the oven. This is awesome! Now if only I could train them to clean more than they make a mess...

 Spreading out the dough
 They each make 3 mini pizzas.
We were out of sauce, but they like the cheese the best anyway.
Before putting them in the oven. Sweet daughter put two pepperonis on each. 
Sweet son put 3 on one pizza and 1 on each of the other two pizzas.

During lunch, while shoving big bites of salad in his mouth, this conversation happens with Sweet Son and me:
Son: I no like salad.
Me: You don't?
Son: I just like cucumbers and tomatoes.
Me: What about carrots?
Son: I like carrots.
Me: So you don't like lettuce?
Son: I like lettuce and the sauce. It's not ketchup.
Me: So you like salad?
Son: No, I don't like the bowl. I want my vegetables on my plate. Bowls are for cereal.


Ah, yes, why didn't I catch on to that earlier? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment