Monday, April 8, 2013

Speech and a Party



See that sweet face? She's not always sweet. We were at IKEA and Sweet Daughter was being a brat. We are on our way out. She is in my arms because she lost the choice of walking with us. She is not happy about this. She's not crying or screaming, but is loud and vocal. What I hear her saying is, "I will follow directions" over and over and over. A stranger comes up to us and very kindly asks, "Did she just say she wants an erection?" trying her very best not to laugh out loud. Which really just goes to prove, it's not just me who hears my children saying inappropriate things.


These photos are from an art party she attended. They started by paining on the walls then moved onto painting treasure chests. It was fun and messy and perfect for this age.


 She only ate a couple of bites of the cake and none of the icing, but the ice cream? That she finished.

4 comments:

  1. LO-F-L omg who comes up and asks that?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? After the fact I realized I should have said "yes" with a straight face just to see her reaction. Of course there was no way I could have actually said yes with a straight face, but it would have been awesome.

      Delete
  2. Om my gosh that is funny. Was it a mom who said that trying to lighten things up?? Cuz that's pretty bold... and funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. Between the loud child in my arms and trying to process what the woman was saying I can't even begin to understand her motives, but it was (and still is) funny. :)

      Delete