Thursday, August 29, 2013

Orbit and States

We were driving to school on Wednesday and Sweet Daughter notices the moon still up in the sky. She says, "Mommy, the moon needs to orbit faster. I shouldn't be able to see it right now. Why isn't it on the other side of the Earth?"

Um... Do I answer her like she's a 2 year old (she is)? Do I answer like she's a kid who just used the word orbit correctly? I don't even remember what my answer was, but these questions are just getting harder. I miss the "what's that?" and "why?" stages... I can't imagine what she's going to ask in a couple more years.

I've also decided the kids need a globe. They have never seen a 3D representation of the earth and yet seem to understand it. They also know 40 states (not the same 40 interestingly enough), and can correctly place them on a map. Some days I feel like I'm not doing enough for them and other days I feel like I must not be doing too badly, if they are picking up this much without me doing very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment