Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Egg Hunting at Home

Not just content to have egg hunts with others, we had a few egg hunts at home as well. At home I limited it to a dozen eggs each and gave them an egg carton to collect the eggs in so they couldn't get more than that. This prevents fighting between competitive siblings.

 
These eggs were actually hidden. Under beds and dressers, in corners and anywhere else I could find. It took the kids quite awhile to find 12 eggs.

We also did egg hunts outside for more variety.

 
I didn't learn about cascaron until college. These are eggs filled with confetti. Technically they are supposed to be thrown or cracked on someone's head to provide the recipient good luck. However, I know my kids. I'm not about to let them crack eggs on each others head. Sweet Daughter preferred to stomp on them while Sweet Son enjoyed throwing them. They had fun and really, that is what is most important.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a ton of fun! My kids love scavenger hunts of any sort but we've never actually done an Easter egg hunt... just wasn't a tradition for either my hubby or I when we were growing up so I guess we haven't done it with our kids. :) Thanks for dropping by my blog and partying at the UBP14. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part of the egg hunts at home is the eggs are empty! They also quickly learned how to hide them for the other. :)

      Delete