Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Egg Hunt at School

The kids love the Spring Egg Hunt every year at their school. The school has grown so now they do multiple egg hunts. Since my kids are in different classes, it didn't surprise me that they ended up in different hunts. They put 3 classes together for each hunt (so 72 kids in each hunt). My concern was that both of the hunts they were in were at the same time on two different playgrounds. I would have to choose which to watch! After helping "hide" the eggs -72 kids each provided 24 eggs for each hunt. When you have that many eggs, you don't really hide them, you just try to spread them out.

I saw that the group Sweet Son was in was more organized. The eggs were "hidden" faster and the teachers were ready. They had the kids lined up and ready to go quickly. The hunt itself only lasts a few minutes. Those kids really clean up. Later the kids went back into the class and divided up the eggs so that each child went home with the same number. I rushed over to the other playground to see if it was also over.

It had just started! Sweet Daughter was thrilled that I got to watch her get all of the eggs. One of the things I love is that the school encourages parents to fill the eggs with non-candy items. We ended up with stickers, poppers, bouncy balls, erasers, and in a few the kids found money (2-3 coins of various amounts).

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun egg hunt. I love all the creative things parents put inside.
    : 0 ) Theresa (Capri + 3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome to come home with things that aren't just sugar!

      Delete