Friday, September 19, 2014

Chicago O'Hare Playground

We always try to let the kids run off some of their energy before any flight. Different airports have different options and O'Hare has a really cool looking playground. This was a great way for the family to wrap up the trip and come home to me!




Update on me: While the family was on vacation I sat at home with friends and did pretty much nothing. Then I went back to the doctor and things had gotten worse. While I wasn't in pain, my kidney function was decreasing. I was scheduled for surgery the next day. I need to say a special thank you for the help of one awesome friend who took me to and from the hospital and another friend who came to stay with me after the surgery when I was on medications. My family came home to find me on the couch recovering from surgery and in more pain than when they left me. A week or so later I was up and around and a few weeks later I had lithotripsy on the other kidney. That recovery was fast and I haven't been back to the hospital since!

No comments:

Post a Comment