Friday, August 7, 2015

Dragon Playground

Urban playgrounds often become predictable. This wasn't true in Barcelona. This awesome sculpture/play structure was surrounded by concrete and one of the coolest things ever.

Sweet Daughter is posing on the bench/dragon's tongue. Sweet Son is running into it's mouth/up the stairs.

What's at the top of the stairs? The slide down the tail. This is a huge slide - easily more than 2 stories. Luckily it was morning and not too hot because I imagine this could burn fairly quickly. 

This sculpture looks cool no matter what angle you are going for, but none of them are easily captured by camera. This is what the kids did when we told them to act like a dragon for the photo.

10 comments:

  1. That is the coolest dang playground I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous sculptures. Did you visit the dragons later in the day? Did they heat up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually left town the day we found this. I would assume it gets hot though.

      Delete
  3. OMG!! My son would love this!! Now I wanna go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much awesome stuff to do in Barcelona, I highly suggest it.

      Delete
  4. wish they had this at my school when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but this was huge. Much too big for the school I went to growing up.

      Delete
  5. My 8 yr old son would love that place, very cool!

    ReplyDelete