Friday, April 28, 2017

UCan Half Marathon

First the photos are out of order and right now I'm feeling too lazy to fix them. It's a half marathon, it's not like the order is hugely important.

So apparently you are supposed to rest after running your first marathon. I didn't. 3 weeks after my first marathon I ran a half marathon and it was difficult. I walked a great deal of it. Then 3 weeks later I had won a free entry into another half marathon. Not wanting to waste a free entry, I kept going. This wasn't a great idea. I was hurting so much. I honestly wasn't sure I would even finish this race. My pace was awful, I felt miserable, and did I mention the pain?

During the race I had been texting my friends Jessica who had run her first 10K. She waited for me to finish, but knew I was struggling. She came out to meet me and ran me in. You have no idea how much this helped. Here we are together with my kids cheering in the bottom of the photo. 

Family photo after the race (Did you notice the lack of people around and the sponsors cleaning up their stuff? I was slow.) 

Early in the course (see there are other people around) 

They waited longer than expected... oops 

Finally crossing the finish line

No comments:

Post a Comment