Friday, December 15, 2017

Dallas Marathon

After my first marathon in New Orleans (Feb 2016) I swore I would NEVER do that again. So, here I am proving no one (including me) should ever tell me I can't do something or I will prove them wrong. This time I had trained more, but this time there were hills so of course I was worried. I also remembered the pain, the blood, and the trauma of the first.

The start line was a bit crowded.
Honestly I can't even see the start line here and I wasn't at the back of the pack

My personal cheering squad!

About to cross the finish line!

It went much better than I expected. I got a new personal record by a good amount. I was still able to move at the end. I never felt like screaming out in pain. I did scream out in frustration when a hill that wasn't on the elevation map appeared in the last few miles. I believe my exact words were, "This is a stupid sport!" I saw the photographer near the finish line and decided to go for a jump. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to land it so I just hoped for a good photo. I LOVE this photo.

My kids also requested I stop running. I was spending too much time training and not enough time with them. Here I am a year later (remember the blog is a year in the past) and I'm still not running. I did find another challenge to keep me busy. I'll tell you more about that later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment