Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Review

I started this blog in January 2011, so this is the perfect time to see how far I've come in the last two years.

In 2011 my monthly page views ranged from 196-579.
In 2012 my monthly page views ranged from 436-2,653.

Seems like a huge improvement to me. Welcome to all the "new" readers of my blog.

While most of my readers come from the United States (where I'm based), I'm thrilled to have large numbers of readers from United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Russia, France, India, Germany, China, and South Africa. I even have a few visitors from Israel, Sweden, Netherlands, Malaysia, New Zealand, Cayman Islands, and many other countries.

While most of the searches that lead to my page are about twins, parenting, or pregnancy, I'm amused that my 4th highest referral search is for a homemade zamboni. I am nothing if not a zamboni expert... um, not.

I had 47 blog posts in 2011 and an amazing 103 in 2012. This has gotten the blog some attention from advertisers and people wanting to do giveaways. Most I have rejected because they aren't a good fit for me or the blog. A few I have agreed to, which explains the giveaway for a DVD, different Activision video games, and a couple of books. I'm already working on more giveaways in 2013. I have yet to make money on this blog - I also haven't spent any money on this blog. That should change in 2013 with a few deals I'm working on. You might see more advertising on here and/or on the facebook page, but I promise that will be in addition to the normal content, not replacing it. I love being a stay at home mom, but I get paid in hugs. It's really awkward to try buying things at the store with hugs, so I hope you will stick with me as I work on finding a balance.

There will be some big stories coming up on this blog in 2013. The Tale of Two Beds will continue (ugh, I'm ready for this to end). Remember the post about our 7 trips in the kids 1st year? Everyone thought we were crazy. Just wait till you read about us taking twin two year olds to Italy, Poland, and Germany. That trip includes planes, trains, boats, cars, buses, trolleys, and more. We now know all the tricks to traveling with two year olds.

Here's to a great 2013 for all of my readers. I hope this year you smile more. I will have more posts with strange and funny things my kids say to help you meet this goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment