Monday, January 7, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Sweet daughter singing in the back seat, "You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. I make you frustrated because I scream inside. You'll never know dear how much I LOVE YOU Mama. Please don't take my toys away." She actually made it all fit exactly in the phrasing of the song. I can't say the melody fit because her range is all of 2-3 notes so no song sounds right, but you get the idea.

Sweet Son brushing my hair

Sweet Son in the living room, "I put my feet on the couch so I can fall on my head. It's ok. I'll be careful, only hurt Sister, not me."

I made a deal with the kids. If they take a good nap then we cook in the afternoons. So far this week we have made homemade granola bars (yum) and egg salad. They like the egg salad the best. I'm just happy they slept 2/5 days so far this week! Hopefully this continues to work.

Making two batches of granola bars

My kids now drink out of cups without lids (other than overnight). This afternoon Sweet Son spilled his water. He looked down and said, "I need paper towel to clean it up, Mama." I'm so happy he didn't even think it was an option for me to clean up his mess.

Sweet Son asked for a baby like Jake's. Jake is a friend from his class and has an 11 month old baby sister. After a short pause he added, "or an alligator." hahahahahaha

 Just being cute

No comments:

Post a Comment