Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year

Many bloggers are doing a wrap up of 2013 and I'm joining the movement. Since I'm a nerd, let's start with the stats.

I started the blog in 2011 with 47 posts. Yes, that was for the entire year.
In 2012 I had 103 posts.
Last year, 2013, I had an amazing 251 posts.


My best monthly page view in 2011 was just over 500.
In 2012, that increased to 2,600. However that only happened one month and then dropped back to 1200.
In 2013, I passed 3,000 page views per month. That may not seem like a big leap, but it is consistently that high and going up every month.

Clearly I'm starting to get the hang of this!

So, where are my readers from? My top 10 countries are:
United States, China, Canada, Russia, France, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Germany, Australia, and India

Almost half of the people who find my blog come from Google searches. Thanks Google! I now have a Google page rank and I'm ranked on Alexa. It's like I'm a real blog. haha

The top search is for "Parenting with Research" while the second most common search that leads to my blog is "homemade zamboni" for the second year in a row.

My most popular post of the year was about eye droppers. Car Seats, Baby Carriers and Twin Pregnancy are still in my top 3, as they have been for the last two years.

So here we go with 2014. I hope to continue to grow the blog. I hope someone is enjoying and/or learning from this. Thank you to everyone reading this. I appreciate each of you. I feel more connected knowing people are actually reading (or looking at the pictures) this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment