Monday, June 9, 2014

A Summer with no learning ;)

I love having the kids home for the summer. Which is crazy because they were only in school 3 mornings a week and I've lost all of my alone time. Granted, this is also only the 2nd week of Summer, but still I love spending time with them and having them around. Today Sweet Daughter told me she didn't want to learn anything she just wanted to do puzzles and Science experiments and cooking and reading. hahahaha I indulged her and we did each of those things. We were doing experiments all about the human body. We made a model of a working diaphragm and a working heart (that was messy). Then we were talking about how we move using joints and the different type of joints. After making a model ball joint, Sweet Son immediately picks up on the fact that we can't move in EVERY direction like the model. He wants to know why so I told him we would do that experiment tomorrow, but it has something to do with muscles. They are now in the playroom discussing how muscles could limit movement. Good thing we aren't learning anything. :)



My kids love cooking. I hope this keeps up because Wonderful Husband and I HATE it. Last week Sweet Son made lasagna in the crockpot and it was good. Sweet Daughter made mac and cheese in the crockpot and it was too cheesy for all of us. If you can't tell, I got a crockpot cooking for kids book and I'm just letting them pick what they want to make. This week Sweet Daughter's going to make a chocolate lava cake and Sweet Son's going to make broccoli cornbread.


No comments:

Post a Comment