Thursday, July 31, 2014

Kids Sayings

"Mama, sometimes I feel like you do too much laundry... and sometimes I feel like eating pizza." Sweet Daughter


Sweet Daughter is doing fuse beads. Sweet Son is playing with a truck. I'm playing on my computer. It's been about 10 minutes since anyone has said anything.

Sweet Son: Mama, does "de" me no or not?
Me: Huh? De?
Sweet Son: De. Does de mean no or not?
Me: Um... I don't think so. I don't understand the question.
Sweet Son (getting frustrated): No Mama. De. De. Does it mean no or not?
Me: I really don't understand.
Sweet Son: Hydrated means you have enough water. Dehydrated means you need more water. So does de mean no or not?
Me: Oh, now I get it. De means not.
Sweet Son (with a loud sigh): Thank you


I hate when they make me feel stupid. I really didn't catch on until he gave me an example.

No comments:

Post a Comment