Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Strange Kids

These are just a collection of short stories that have happened this month and remind me of just how strange my kids are and I LOVE it!

During lunch the kids were discussing favorite foods. According to them Daddy's favorite food is ice cream. Mommy's favorite food is anything chocolate. Sweet Daughter's favorite food is kefir. Sweet Son's favorite food is peas. They are right, but still that's not normal.

I told them they didn't have to take a nap based on their behavior (they weren't acting tired and haven't had a nap in weeks). They decided to take one anyway. Sweet Daughter slept and Sweet Son just played quietly in the room. I'm thrilled and will certainly take it, but once again not normal.

Every day Sweet Daughter begs to do Life of Fred (Math curriculum). There are times I feel like I give in too often when they ask for things, but when they are asking for vegetables and academics I can't justify saying no.

There are times I offer to let them play on the computer and they will say no. They have discovered a tv show they both love. How It's Made. Silly me trying to let them watch kids programming or cartoons.



Sweet Daughter: I want to do Life of Fred.
Sweet Son: I want to do a Spelling test first.
Sweet Daughter: Do you think we could do both?

Then they both ran over asking me at the same time if they can do both. Yes, my nerdy children we can do both. hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment