Monday, November 30, 2015

Making Christmas Presents

About this time every year I try coming up with ideas for things the kids can make to give family. I saw a really cool idea for coasters that we decided to start with. I bought the plain coasters and trivets from IKEA for a great price.

 I put painters tape on them in Geometric patterns, making 4 sections on each.

 The kids painted 2 sections on each one color and the other two sections another color. I did tell them what colors based on the decor of the people that would be receiving them. Here you can see she is working hard.

It looked like a factory, but it really only lasted an hour and they loved it! Once the paint dried fully (a couple of days for how thick they painted), I pulled off the tape.

These were for Grandma.

These were for Papa T and Oma.

These were for Uncle B, a big OU fan!

I think they turned out great. They were cheap, fast, and look nice. The kids were proud they made something and it was useful rather than just "stuff".

No comments:

Post a Comment