Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Painting Pillows!

After the success of the project I posted about yesterday, we decided to try painting pillows. It sound crazy, I know. First we cut 8 pieces of thick white cloth (4 to be painted, 4 to be backing). Then I had the kid write their names on them using washable gel glue. After they had both finished, I drew a heart around their names with the glue. After that completely dried, it was time to paint.

I gave them two colors and instructions to cover the entire thing. They both painted two.

Yes, they were copying each other. It always happens, but in this case it was cute.

After the paint dried (which took a long time), we washed them. The glue comes off so you can see what was written on them before. Then we just had to attach the backs and insert the pillows. Here you can see how easy they are to read.

This shows the backing better. At first these didn't seem very soft. After a couple of days the material felt more like regular material and less like paint. Don't wait until the last minute to finish them like I did, haha. A year later and they are all still holding up well.

No comments:

Post a Comment