Tuesday, December 29, 2015

End of Year Statistics

Every year I like to look back at my statistics. Maybe I can learn something. Maybe I can improve something. Usually I just end up looking up new places on the map. Here are this year's statistics.

Most people visit my site on a Thursday. I have new content M-F so I'm not sure why this is. People are also more willing to click on ads on a Thursday. Thank you for that!

My top 10 most popular posts has only changed slightly. I'm glad to see at least one post from this year made it. Usually it takes a couple of years before a post gets enough views to get into the top 10. Clearly, giveaways are the exception so I will try to have more of those.



Eye Droppers Jan 28, 2013

















Twin Pregnancy Jan 7, 2011








Lunchbox Giveaway Aug 8, 2015













Teething Necklaces Apr 27, 2011









Art with babies Feb 8, 2011









Wordless Wednesday Dec 12, 2012









Chiropractic Care Jul 25, 2011









Tummy Time Mar 2, 2011


Most of my readers found me on Google. Google.com, Google.ca, and Google.co.uk. I also had many come from facebook, so that type of advertising seems to be working. Twitter didn't even break the top 10. Probably because I have no idea how to use twitter.

Homemade zamboni is still one of the top searches that leads to my page. Making it to 38 weeks pregnant with twins is also a top search, but most of those are from outside the U.S. I have theories about that, but I will keep them to myself until I have done more research.

Now to the most interesting part. Who in the world reads this blog? The majority of my readers are in the U.S. This is logical since I'm in the U.S. Typically in the past the other top countries have all been English speaking, but not this year. Russia, Ukraine, China, and France round out the top 5. Canada and the United Kingdom come next, which I expected. Then the top 10 is rounded out with Germany, Romania, and Australia. I'm not sure what happened to India, which used to be one of my top countries.

So, please tell me what I can do better? What do you like? What don't you like? Clearly I need to look at my Thursday content more carefully since that's when everyone else is. I know giveaways are helpful and if you know someone who would like to sponsor them, please let me know. I am open to ideas and constructive criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment