Friday, March 21, 2014

Bad Mom

Last week was Spring Break and I did tons of fun stuff with the kids. Things we don't normally get to do daily - like art (easel is always out, but we did painting every day during the break), Legos (once again always out, but rarely do every day), puzzles (same), and play dough.

Sweet Son went back to school on Monday and threw a fit about his fingers hurting. I looked and they seemed fine. He hates going to school on Mondays so I figured it was just an excuse. By the time I picked him up 3 hours later he had 3 blisters on his fingers, 2 of which had already popped. WTF??? We went through many options trying to figure out what could have possibly caused that. By Tuesday he had 6 blisters, 4 that had popped. Last night I realized what happened. I let him play with play dough. I didn't even think twice about suggesting it, handing it to him and letting him dig in with his fingers. Play dough is made with flour. Gluten. He's allergic to gluten and I just handed it to him and told him to dig in. Crud.

I'm now off to find gluten free play dough as the reviews on all of the homemade ones are awful. What are the chances of finding gluten free play dough that doesn't use red dye #40? UGH

Bad mom of the year award right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment