Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Frustration

Sweet Daughter looks at me concerned, "Mama, you look frustrated. Why you frustrated? Is it because we didn't take a nap? Because we moved our mattresses again? Because we climbed up in the window? Because we were hitting and kicking? Because we aren't behaving? Because we tore the window covering? Why Mama, Why?"


Gee, wonder why I would look frustrated. By the way, the window they climbed up in is about 2.5 feet off the floor and has only the tiniest sill that they were BOTH standing on to take down the window covering.

They are still in what we call the prison room. 2 mattresses, sheets, blankets, pillows. Nothing else allowed in the room. No bed frames, no toys, no books, no furniture. It's our attempt to keep them safe, but they continue to find new ways of getting in trouble. Today I was afraid they broke the window from the sudden banging I heard before I rushed in. Frustrated doesn't even being to cover it. (Yes, this is the exact type of thing I could see myself doing as a child.)

No comments:

Post a Comment