Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Krakow with kids

Krakow is a popular tourist city with many things to explore. We started with the Dragon's Lair. The kids love the story of the dragon, so getting to see where he lived was exciting.

The first time I went to Poland (before kids) I learned a few Polish phrases on Rosetta Stone. One of the first words I learned was the word for dragon. I made fun of it, I mean when would that come in handy? When we got to Krakow and I could read the signs pointing the way to the dragon's den it seemed to impress everyone I was with. Turns out, dragon was a really handy word to learn. Now my kids are using the new updated version of Rosetta Stone and while they haven't learned dragon yet, I'm still impressed with the program.

When you come out of the lair, there is a giant statue of a dragon that breaths fire. Here we were supposed to be posing with it, but sweet daughter and I both got distracted by the flame and weren't looking at the camera. 

Since the girls failed to look at the camera for the perfect photo, we decided to try the boys. Wonderful husband understands the concept. Sweet Son was surprised the flame was so hot he could feel it. 

This may just look like any other picture, but this is us eating in one of our favorite Polish restaurants. It's in the city square and has great food. We always seem to end up there when eating out in Krakow. I wish I knew the name of it, but it's a traditional Polish restaurant in the square - most are hotel restaurants or offer other types of food. I've looked on the map, but my Polish isn't helping me figure out which one it is. Aren't you glad I solved that mystery for you? I'm nothing if not helpful...

No comments:

Post a Comment