Friday, June 28, 2013

Kids are Strange

Sweet Daughter: "I don't want pizza. I want cucumber."

Sweet daughter set all of this up for them to sleep. They each got a new change of clothes and a snack before she kissed them and told them goodnight.


Sweet Son: "Oh no! The moon is broken!" (It was a crescent moon.)

After the moon comment, I brought out a couple of books about the moon. We talked about how the moon turns and the phases of the moon. We also learned about astronauts and the moon landing. Both of my kids decided they are going to be astronauts when they grow up. Only Sweet Daughter wants to work on the space station with her friends and Sweet Son wants to go to the moon where it will be quiet (with a very meaningful look toward his sister). Even when they are the same, they are different. haha

He sits at this piano and plays for an hour. That's an incredibly long time for a two year old.

We have been talking about different jobs and what they want to do when they grow up. Sweet Daughter has it narrowed down to a hockey player, astronaut, pig, and ballerina. Sweet Son wants to be a cow, train tracks, astronaut, and book reader. I think those pretty well explain my kids, but draw your own conclusions.

After our chore bootcamp, I knew my kids would need a reward. Since we introduced screen time on the planes to and from Europe, we let them continue at home. Here he's playing a Bob the Builder game, but they also get to play Rosetta Stone Polish.

 This was their first introduction to video games. My first video game was pong on a computer that was huge by today's standards. We have come so far. They are playing Wii Music. The faster they move, the faster the music plays. The bigger the movement, the louder. They enjoy the control this game gives them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete