Tuesday, May 6, 2014

General State of Exhaustion

I got back last night from an out of town conference. The conference was wonderful and I was looking forward to having this morning to get somewhat "caught up" at home. I dropped the kids off at 8:35 (yes, we were already running late). I got the call at 9:02 to come pick up Sweet Daughter because she was throwing up. There went my plan. I had a huge list of things I needed to go do (trips to stores, etc) that I couldn't do with a sick child. Fairly quickly I also had a great deal of extra laundry on top of my trip laundry and the laundry left from everyone else over the weekend.

Did I mention we leave town on Friday for a wedding and can't be sick? This better not pass on to anyone else.

Sweet Son woke up from nap and told me he NEEDS to learn more about Galileo and Archimedes. I told him he could, but ask why he wanted to. He said he likes planets and Math and that seemed like a good place to start. I can't argue with that, I just didn't expect it from a 3 year old.

There are days I'm amazed the kids have survived this long because they really seem out to kill themselves. Then there are days when it seems like they should be much older because they don't act like 3 year olds. Either way it would be easier to deal with if I could get 8 consecutive hours of sleep.


*** Remember this blog is kept a year in the past. I won't actually be out of town this weekend. :(***

No comments:

Post a Comment